Tuesday, February 23, 2010

When I'm 16...

 

     Last night in the car I was drinking a coffee. Lydia asked if she could have some. I told her when she's older she can have coffee. She said, "When I'm 16, I can have coffee?" I said, "Sure, when you're 16, I'll make you a big pot for your birthday and you can drink it with all your friends. She said, "But they won't be old enough." "Sure they will," I said, "They will be 16, just like you." She said, "Oh, well that's a long time from now. When I'm 16, I can use a knife myself to open up my Tinkerbell present." "You sure can," I said. (My sister sent a gift in the mail and we opened it earlier that afternoon.) Then she hollered, "And when I'm 16, I can help you drive, right Mom?!"

And you may be wondering why Lydia is hung up with the age 16...

"I'm 16 years old! I'm not a child anymore!" 
 (Ariel, The Little Mermaid)

2 comments:

  1. LOL! How funny is she? And awfully cute in that photo!

    I didn't start drinking coffee until I was 32. Guess I didn't get the same deal. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww that is too cute! I love your response- make a big pot for all of her friends! lol

    ReplyDelete