Low Fat Alfredo Sauce
- 1/4 cup light cream cheese
- 1/4 cup skim milk
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan Romano cheese
- White pepper to taste (optional)
- 1 clove minced garlic
- dash of nutmeg
- Combine cream cheese, 1/4 cup milk, and flour in a small mixing bowl. Beat until well blended. Slowly pour in remaining 1 cup milk and beat until smooth.
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in large, nonstick sauce pan over medium heat.
- Add garlic, nutmeg, and white pepper.
- Add the milk mixture and continue to heat, stirring constantly, until the sauce has thickened (about 4 minutes).
- Stir in grated Parmesan Romano cheese.