Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Healthy Attitudes

     My newest loves: my scale, today's run, and the stepmill at the gym. I had a great run this morning. It was the first one that I felt really good about since I was sick with that cold. I felt strong. I also love the powerful workout of the stepmill. Apparently the stepmill is doing its job because I was able to go up and maintain a more difficult level and the scale is continuing to move down. Whoopee! Now I just have to work on getting my arms more toned.  Even though it's only 17 degrees today, summer really isn't that far away. I think it's time to do another sweep of the closet to get rid of the clothes that are too big. These are clothes I won't be sad about letting go.
     Jonny continues to get his workout groove in the jumperoo and with floor time. His favorite times to jump are early morning and late afternoon. During floor time, he rolls over and then gets mad when I put him back on his belly. This will last a few times before he gets quite angry with me. He likes his fruits better than his veggies. He eventually will eat the veggies after a few choice expressions and he realizes that there is not going to be any fruit in that next spoonful.
    Lyds is funny about seeing me exercise. Often times when I return from the gym, she'll ask, "How was your run mommy?" She tells me she goes to the gym(nasium) at preschool and runs. Lyds is pretty good about food. I have taught her about healthy and unhealthy food. I want her to have a balanced approach to what she chooses to eat. She does know that she does have to eat something healthy (dinner) before she even has a remote chance at a snack after dinner. Sometimes she'll even ask me if a particular food is "healthy" or "unhealthy."
     I do hope that I am instilling good habits in my children. I hope that exercise becomes the norm for them and never becomes something that they have to do to control their weight. Hmmmm, I wonder if I'll be running when I'm 60, and I wonder if my kids will be running with me. I hope they are.

No comments:

Post a Comment