Thursday, February 18, 2010

Self Challenge 2010, Week 1

     Let the challenge begin!!

     Well I didn't make it to the gym this morning. Nice start to the challenge, huh? I didn't get a ton of sleep on Tuesday night so I think it caught up to me and I needed the extra rest. I went to bed at 8:30 last night and woke at 7am this morning. It was nice. The exercise portion of my challenge starts tomorrow.
     I probably won't follow the exercise portion to a T because I like my running. I do work out with a heart rate monitor and tend to work out at the high end of my HR. It does look like 300 total cardio minutes for the week so that would break down to an hour of cardio, 5-days a week. That part I will commit to. I'll check out the strength slides. That should be easy enough to do since I do about 15 minutes of strength after most of my workouts. The hour of cardio will demand that I actually get to the gym by 5am. That will be my biggest challenge and requires me to have my act together in the evenings--all bags packed for the kids and myself, clothes pressed and put out for myself and the kids. Lunch packed. As you can see, the husband is all on his own. :) 
     The food portion of the plan looks good and I'll just continue to follow my WW version of it. I have my own WW recipes that I like, but I imagine I'll find a new recipe from that challenge that I will try. I'll stay within my WW point (calorie) range.
     If I'm diligent and actually stick with the challenge consistently, I will rid myself of the final 15. 

Carrie's Challenge Tip: If you're out and about and can't immediately log your food in your challenge log, use your cell phone to take a photo of it!! That way, when it's time to log your food, you won't forget anything!

No comments:

Post a Comment