Tuesday, March 9, 2010

The Self Challenge Progress


     I will get a workout in today. Working out is NOT optional. I have a treadmill at home so if I can't use the fitness center at work later today, I can use my treadmill and weights at home. I will get a workout in today. Working out is NOT optional. I have a treadmill at home so if I can't use the fitness center at work later today, I can use my treadmill and weights at home. I will get a workout in today...
     Food has been going well. I'm reading The Beck Diet Solution...the cognitive approach to weight loss and maintenance. It's has some good tips, especially if diets have failed you in the past. It's not about the diet, it's your approach. It's a good read. Go check it out from your local library...and while you're at it, also check out Master Your Metabolism by Jillian Michaels. I haven't had diet soda since reading that book. It has certainly changed my view on "diet" foods. I won't be following the plan exactly as the book described, but it will change my approach to my food choices and the things I put in my body.
     I'm also giving myself a 6-week challenge to get buff arms. A fellow blogger developed her arms after a leg injury that kept her from her regular workouts. I want buff arms too. I had them once, I'll have them again. I just need to dedicate some strength training to them. Six weeks brings me to mid-April which is just in time for some nice springy arm showing shirts!

1 comment:

  1. I did not work out. I just finished my day and I think 10pm means bedtime. Grrr. See? THIS is why mornings work so much better for me...when I don't stay up too late the night before, that is.

    ReplyDelete