Friday, October 8, 2010

Autumn Weekend


Lydia, September 2008
     The October Challenge is still going strong. I only made one strength class at the gym this week, but I hope to catch another one on Saturday, after my long run. I’m planning to run at the park after work today. We’re having a gorgeous couple of days—nice and sunny. It was a tad windy for yesterday’s run. I actually felt like I was running in place a few times and the occasional leaf whacking me in the face wasn’t really fun either. It was nice to get out and enjoy the sun though. Even with the wind, it wasn’t really cold. 
     I had five parents for open house! Go me! The two hours went by quickly—very different from the years that I had no parents. 
     Michael Pollan was FANTASTIC! It was really just a summary of the books he has written, so it wasn’t new information to me, but it was still nice to hear his lecture. Go check out a few of his books from the library. Seriously. He even has books on CD so you can listen to them in the car, if you don’t have time to read. I have the PBS documentary The Botany of Desire (based on his book) to watch this weekend. 
     It looks like Pete won’t get to help out with Project Healing Waters this year. They canceled it because the water levels are still too high for any decent fly fishing. On a positive note though, since Healing Waters was canceled, he’ll be around for the birthday party and the pumpkin picking planned for this weekend. I’m looking forward to a nice Columbus Day weekend with our family. No work on Monday! 

 Here are a few pumpkin picking pictures from September 2008:


Cousin's  Breanna and Gavin will be joining us for pumpkin picking again this year!

September 2008

Lyds looks so tiny!


2 comments:

  1. Hai, cool that you're joining the pink dress run.

    Haven't got much time now but will come back to visit your blog.

    Lovely pictures by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Fran! I plan on getting an 8-mile run in for the pink dress run!

    ReplyDelete